Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Osaka/Kyoto, Japan [Feb. 21-Feb. 25, 2008]

Timetable at the Wonju Intercity Bus terminal. I think this place is stuck in the 1970s it is so old.
Our first leg of the trip to our destination: Japan!
Joohee is studying at the airport for her exam in Japan.
The screen on the plane is in Japanese.
So is the food.
First stop: Osaka!
Urban Hotel
Small washroom.
Urban Hotel Lobby.
Osaka Human Rights Museum that happened to be closed the day I went there.
Apartment buildings.
I wandered while Joohee took her test. I concluded that this was a nightlife area thus it just wasn't happenin' at this moment.
Homelessness is universal.
First taste of takoyaki, squid butterballs. It was nothing short of deliciousness.
Korea should adopt this policy for their subway. One businessman ran to the other car when he realized everybody was glaring at him. I also participated in the glaring.
Arrival into Kyoto.
Japanese beer and peanuts at the Tour Club hostel.
It is not obvious here but the buildings are very low because of earthquakes.
Nishi or Higashi Honganji.
People drive on the right side in Japan. But is it really the right side?
Sign outside the Honganji.
A very modern Kyoto train station.
Kyoto tour map.
The Silver Pavilion aka Ginkakuji.
Us :)
Mossy moss.
I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not sure what this is.
Lost dog! (in Japanese)
Residential area with a beautiful orange tree.
This pagoda actually represents Buddha but now people prefer the statues.
My favorite structure in Kyoto.
The Golden Pavilion aka Kinkakuji.
Tour Club Hostel was very clean and affordable.
I highly recommend it!
We were early birds so we had to wait for the ticket box to open.
A snowy palace.
It began to snow really hard so I tried to look helpless in hopes for shelter but to no avail.
We attended mass in Japanese.
Joohee on the subway.
Upon our return to Osaka, there was a small festival near Osaka Castle.
Osaka Castle
Takoyaki man and his stand
Osaka Shiritsu Nagai Youth Hostel

1 comment:

Brandon&Heather said...

Anna you went all out with posting this time! I really enjoyed your pics and will look at them often.
Please keep posting :)
And tomorrow's your BIRTHDAY!! So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend :)